Privacy notice for the ICCS Biodiversity Fellows programme 2019
In the course of completing this application form, you have provided information about yourself (‘personal data’). We (the University of Oxford) are the ‘data controller’ for this information, which means we decide how to use it and are responsible for looking after it in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and associated data protection legislation.
How we use your data
We will use your data to process your application for the Biodiversity Fellow programme; to provide you with information relating to the programme and to assess your application.
We are processing your data for this purpose only because you have given us your consent to do so, by ticking the appropriate box on the application form. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com . In this event, we will stop processing your application as soon as we can. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before your withdrawal of consent.
We will only use your data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another related reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your data for an unrelated purpose, we will seek your consent to use it for that new purpose.
Who has access to your data?
Access to your data within the University will be provided to those who need to view it as part of their work in carrying out the purposes described above.
We will not share your data with any third parties.
Retaining your data
We will only retain your data for as long as we need it to meet our purposes, including any relating to legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Your data will be held securely in accordance with the University’s policies and procedures. Further information is available on the University’s Information Security website: https://www.infosec.ox.ac.uk/.
Where we store and use your data
We store and use your data on University premises, in both a manual and electronic form.
Electronic data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), for example, when we communicate with you using a cloud-based service provider that operates outside the EEA such as Survey Monkey, MailChimp, Zoho, Sched, GoogleAnalytics.
Such transfers will only take place if one of the following applies:
- the country receiving the data is considered by the EU to provide an adequate level of data protection;
- the organisation receiving the data is covered by an arrangement recognised by the EU as providing an adequate standard of data protection e.g. transfers to companies that are certified under the EU US Privacy Shield;
- the transfer is governed by approved contractual clauses;
- the transfer has your consent;
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps requested by you prior to entering into that contract; or
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract with another person, which is in your interests.
Information on your rights in relation to your personal data are explained here.
If you wish to raise any queries or concerns about our use of your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org